Amazon Gift Cards!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Welcome to The Franken'bent Project

So, it all started when I made this post on the 'BentRider Online Forum.

I made that post announcing the birth of the Franken'bent Project after a forum member, Ron (rjzastaury) offered up his Large Volae Dual-Density Mesh Seat
Pad and another BROL member,
John (JohnBoddie), offered his
RANS V-rex fork to anyone who
wanted it.

I thought this could be a fun experiment. What could be built with nothing but parts people were willing to give away?

And it seems that Franken'bent is really coming to life! I dubbed it the 2007 Franken'bent because
I doubted I could actually collect
enough parts to birth Franky this
year. BUT, something amazing
happened. People got involved!

Multiple donors have come forward. So far, in addition to Ron and John, Jeff (Indiana.Jeff) donated a bunch of parts, including a brand new rear derailleur, a complete 20" front wheelset and a Cateye computer with cadence! Another HUGE donation is coming in shortly. I'll post that information with pics when it gets here. It's so big it'll deserve it's own post.

Other parties, including some shops, have expressed interest, as well. But, I won't name any names because I don't want anyone to feel pressured.

So, sit back and enjoy the fun as Franken'bent comes to life!

No comments: